*** DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, WE ARE CURRENTLY HOLDING 2 SUPPORT GROUPS. ***
All NAMI support groups operate on the principle of collective group wisdom based on lived experience, with the underlying message, “You are not alone!” Group facilitators are trained through NAMI New Jersey to ensure that each group participant gets a chance to share, and to know how to appropriately address crisis situations. (Check here for specific days and locations of support group meetings.)
- ONLINE FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP – For adult friends and family members (18+) of people with mental health conditions. Participants gain support from peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes. Monthly, 3rd Tuesday from 7:00-9:00 p.m. via Zoom. For information or to pre-register, call 973-214-0632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PTS (POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS) CONNECTION SUPPORT GROUP – A FREE RECOVERY SUPPORT GROUP FOR VETERANS, POLICE AND FIRST RESPONDERS RECOVERING FROM POST-‐TRAUMATIC STRESS AS A RESULT OF THEIR SERVICE. Led by trained Veterans and First Responders in recovery themselves. Meets 4th Tuesday of the month, 7:00 ‐8:30 p.m. at Andover United Methodist Church, 207 Andover Sparta Rd., Andover, NJ. (Use Newton, NJ for GPS purposes.) The use of face masks and social distancing will be required during the COVID-19 pandemic, and participants must sign a waiver. Call John 973-865-0605 or Bob 973-729-6534 with any questions or to confirm meeting is being held as scheduled, or check website www.nami-sussex-nj.org.
- NAMI Connection Support Group – ***CURRENTLY ON HIATUS*** Our peer-led support group for adults who have experienced mental health challenges meets on the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month (except for legal holidays), from 6:00-7:30 p.m., followed by informal conversation until 8 p.m.
- NAMI NJ Online Support Groups
The following groups are being offered online by NAMI NJ, using the Zoom platform. Click here to register.
- NAMI Family Support Group This is a 60-90 minute suppor t group for adult friends and family members (18+) of people with mental health conditions. Participants gain support from peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes. Tuesdays at 12:00 pm, Wednesdays at 7:00 pm.
- NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group 60-90 minute support group for adults (18+) with a mental health condition. Participants gain the support of peers who understand their experience and gain insight into others’ challenges and successes. Wednesdays at 12:00 pm, Wednesdays at 7:00 pm